"It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" (2005 - Present)

As mentioned in a previous post, I recently reactivated my Netflix account and have since become some kind of hermit stereotype, spending every moment where I'm not out or at work watching TV shows and films in a never ending cycle. Netflix goes to play the next episode and I don't stop it. "Are you still watching The Office?" it will say, every couple of episodes, to which I will reply "WELL OBVIOUSLY" and then rapidly thrash about trying to find the PlayStation controller.



At the minute there's a couple of things on there that I have found myself especially drawn to. But at the forefront is "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" (2005 - Present). Always Sunny is actually a show I began watching quite a few years ago. I watched the occasional episode and really enjoyed it & then withdrew from it, telling myself that I should watch it from the beginning to enjoy it to the full effect and to fully understand plot-lines and character development. Literal years passed until I stumbled upon the series on Netflix. I was really happy to see that not only did Netflix have the series, they had ALL of it. Always Sunny DVD's are not readily available in the UK and even though I have a region 1 player, the cost of springing for the entire series on DVD when it's in it's 9th season is just crazy talk. 

ANYWAY, I've been obsessed ever since I pressed play on season 1 episode 1 and it took me a matter of weeks to get to season 9 episode 10. In short, I am in love with this show. And the thought of waiting until January for season 10 is both distressing and exciting. 

As I previously mentioned, I had previously watched the show a number of years ago and watched quite a few episodes. But the episodes seem to get stronger and stronger as seasons go by. In comparison to many sitcoms, where quality declines as time goes by, Always Sunny just goes from strength to strength. 

One of my personal favourite things about the series is Charlie Day and his performance as Charlie Kelly. He puts absolutely everything into every scene and it shows. This scene from "Sweet Dee Has a Heart Attack" (season 4, episode 10) is something I can just watch over and over - 



No comments:

Post a Comment