Silent night, deadly night



A quick compilation of Christmas based horror that I found whilst browsing YouTube this morning! Is it really Christmas without a 1980's low budget Santa-based slasher in the mix? I don't think it is. 
Theres something so irresistibly ridiculous about Christmas horror movies that I cannot put my finger on. But I know whatever that something is, I enjoy it profusely. 

Silent Night, Deadly Night (1984)
Part of me wants to say that it's because the films some kind of response to the bright cheeriness of Christmas. "Black Christmas" throws a sinister shadow over the otherwise luminous surface of the festive period. Films like "Silent Night, Deadly Night" and "Jack Frost" (I mean the horror film, not the Michael Keaton film that is also called Jack Frost and that is also about a living snowman, just to be clear) take iconic images that have become tied with the Christmas season and flipped them back on themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment