'Tis the season

On Thursday I finished uni for Christmas. The last thing we did before finishing up for the end of term was a short tour around some possible photo locations in Manchester. We went to the underpass just behind the main university buildings and The Church of The Holy Name of Jesus on Oxford road.








It was absolutely freezing outside but it was a nice send off to the term none the less. The image that I feel compelled to explain is the picture of the ladybird and the purse. While roaming around the underpass, a couple of us came across a purse. I picked it up to find what looked to be about 4 ladybirds inside it (they looked kinda dead except for one of them) I put the purse back on the ground and took a few pictures of the ladybird then moved on to other things. When I returned to the purse a couple of minutes later there was LOADS of them. All of the ones that I thought were dead were walking around and there was about 4 times as many as I first remember seeing. Weird. Not to mention the fact that somebody had put ladybirds in a purse and left them in an isolated area under a Manchester motorway junction is completely bizarre within itself! 


Since finishing uni I've continued my seemingly endless marathon of Christmas specials/films. Last night I watched one of my long time favorites - 


(Robbie the Reindeer - Hooves of Fire - 1999)

I remember watching this the first time it aired main moons ago (was shocked to discover that it in fact aired in 1999). The voice casting is incredible within itself (anything with Jane Horrocks, Harry Enfield and Steve Coogan is a winner by my standards). 

No comments:

Post a Comment