Suitcase - December 2012

Last year for a project at uni, we were set the task to incorporate a suitcase into some kind of work and showcase it to our group. It could be anything - writing, film, photos, a poem, whatever. I chose to place an old suitcase in various places around where I live and then superimpose iconic images next to it. My basic thinking around the project was the idea of a hitchhiker (inspired largely by the image of Madonna hitchhiking naked in her Sex book).

Suitcase Project

The image set me thinking about how a person may want to run a away from a perceived image of themselves, thus the hitchhiking. The Madonna image inspired this particularly due to the controversy and the subsequent effect that the Sex book had on her persona. 

Suitcase Project

(Bjork and her swan dress).

Suitcase Project

(Uma Thurman in Kill Bill)

Suitcase Project

(Buffy Summers - BTVS)

Suitcase Project

(Mickey Mouse)

Suitcase Project

(Jason)

All images above click through to my Flickr account which I'm getting into the hang of uploading things to! 

No comments:

Post a Comment